Liquid Jet Exhauster Advantages & Applications
Liquid Jet Exhausters are simple, efficient, and versatile venturi systems used for vacuum pumping or mixing liquids and gases. Using liquid under pressure as the only motive force, these units are ideal for handling mixtures or condensable and non-condensable gases.
Exhausters are manufactured in two varieties, the Types 6064 (machined) or 6066 (fabricated) Straight Through Nozzle Exhausters and the enhanced Types 6084 or 6086 Spiraled Nozzle Exhausters. Straight Through nozzle exhausters are more common and less expensive standard units and are similar in design to the Liquid Jet Eductor. Spiraled nozzle exhausters have much higher air or vapor handling and are ideal where the motive liquid supply is limited.
Liquid jet exhausters are manufactured in a variety of materials; however, these are typically Carbon Steel, Stainless Steel, and special alloy materials such as Hastelloy and Duplex are also available. Unit sizes range from 3/4 Inch to 16 Inch and greater for both the Type 6064/6066 Straight Through Nozzle Exhauster, and for the Type 6084/6086 Spiraled Nozzle Exhauster. Connections for all units can be either threaded or flanged depending on size.
Advantages of Liquid Jet Exhausters
No other pumping-mixing device offers all these outstanding features:
- Safe - Exhausters can be used in hazardous locations where electrically operated alternates would require explosion proofing at considerable cost.
- Low Cost - Units are small in relation to the work they do, and the cost is correspondingly low.
- Versatile and Reliable - Even under severe service conditions, these exhausters will operate reliably. They can be used where other pumping devices would not be practical and are ideal for intermittent service.
- Self-Priming - Exhausters are self-priming. They operate equally well in continuous or intermittent service.
- Easy to Install - Connections can be made to suit your piping requirements. Little space is required to accommodate units, and they are normally so light in weight they can be supported by the piping to which they are attached.
- No Moving Parts - Exhausters are exceedingly simple and reliable. There are no moving parts to wear or break in a basic exhauster and require little attention, only periodic inspection, and maintenance.
- Corrosion and Erosion Resistant - Because they can be made of practically any workable material, or coated with corrosion-resistant materials, exhausters can be made highly resistant to the actions of the liquids handled or the environment in which they are located.
Liquid Jet Exhausters have been used in many different industries for different purposes. Generally, their applications can be divided into three main categories, each of which can be seen below:
- Pump priming
- Pumping and mixing of liquids and gases, including entraining free air or vapors
- Evacuating closed vessels